TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
Scope of Application
1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practice.
2. In any case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest, insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, such special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contracts with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No1);
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. In case of the Guest requesting, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new, Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded, when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it can be proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest may be required to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel by the data specified by the Hotel.
3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for any cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for any reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the event that the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of the payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
1. 1 notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
2. In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted,
it shall be treated as through the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
1. The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the law or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
(5) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
(6) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities or any other unavoidable causes;
(7) When the Guest appears liable to conduct, or in fact conducts himself in a disorderly manner ; when the Guest disturbs or annoys other guests or especially when the Guest is heavily intoxicated.
(8) When the Article of Tokyo Ordinance of the Ryokan Business Law is applied.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Attached Table No.2.However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. In the case when the Guest does not appear by 24:00 of the accommodation date (1 hour after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of it) without advance, notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contact as being Cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
1. The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following Cases
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(2) When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease ;
(3) When the Hotel is required to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
(4) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
(5) When the provisions of Article of Tokyo Ordinance of the Ryokan Business Law.
(6) When the Guest dose not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in the hotel except the predetermined location, mischief to the fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the House Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires).
(7) When the Guest can be detected as a member of or be linked to a crime syndicate, organized crime groups or any antisocial organizations.
(8) When the Guest has used violence in making demands of the accommodation facilities or its employees, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden.
(9) When the Guest is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
2. In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the service in the future during the contractual period which has not been received.
1. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of the accommodations;
(1) Name, birthday, sex, address, telephone number, and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) Except Japanese, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
(3) Departure date and estimated departure time.
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency such as credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of registration prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3:00PM to the next 11:00AM. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
1. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph.
In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
(1) By 1 hour overtime : 1,000JPY
(2) By 2 hours overtime : 2,000JPY
(3) By 3 hours overtime : 100% room charge of the day.
Observance of Use Regulations
1. The Guest shall observe the House Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
1. The business hours of the main facilities, etc., of the Hotel are as follows:
(1)Service hours of Front Desk : Open 06:00AM~01:00AM
(2)Service hours of auxiliary facilities(1F)
Breakfast 7:00AM-10:30AM(LO 10:00AM)
Café ,Dinner,Bar 12:00PM-00:00AM(Food LO11:00PM, Drink LO 11:30PM)
2. The business hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
1. The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc., that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
2. Accommodation Charges, etc., as stated in the preceding paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency, accommodation certification or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the Front Desk at the time of the arrival of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest Voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel.
Liabilities of the Hotel
1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the guest.
Handling of the Deposited Articles
1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest and deposited with the Front Desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest only up to a maximum of 100,000JPY, except in case where loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the time of his check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the hotel will follow the guidelines stipulated in the “Lost Goods Act”.
3. The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability of the Guest
1. The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused through the intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
ATTACHED TABLE NO.1
Calculation method for Accommodation Charge, etc., for the Hotel (Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12). Those charges are subject to change to revisions of the Tax Laws concerned.
|Total Amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation Charge||Accommodation Charge (Room Charge)|
|Extra Charge||Meals & Drinks and Other Expenses|
|Taxes||a, Consumption Tax
c, To be calculated on 1JPY, fractions ignored.
ATTACHED TABLE NO.2
Cancellation Charge for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Timing of Cancellation of Contracts||No Show||Accommodation Day||1 Day prior to Accommodation Day|
Group : Over 10 persons
|Timing of Cancellation of Contracts||No Show||3 Days prior to Accommodation Day||7 Days prior to Accommodation Day|
REMARKS OF ATTACHED TABLE No.2:
1. % is a ratio of penalty charge to the Accommodation charge.
2. When the number of the days contracted is shortened, a cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. Additional charge may apply for specific periods.
In order to assure you and all of our Guests of a secure and pleasant stay with us, we have established the following regulations governing the usage of our facilities, in accordance with Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts, published by the Japanese Ministry of Transportation.
When these regulations and policies are not observed, we may be obliged to refuse permission for continued occupancy of guest rooms or usage of other facilities and the Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused through the intention or negligence on the part of the Guest in accordance with Article 7 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts, published by the Japanese Ministry of Transportation.
Kindly note that Guests may also be held liable for damages caused to the Hotel by non-observance of these regulations.
1. GUEST ROOMS
(1) Please be sure to review the emergency exit instructions posted on the inside of your guest room door upon your arrival.
(2) When leaving your room, please be sure to lock the door and bring your key with you.
(3) Please do not admit unknown visitors into your room, and when in doubt please contact Front Desk.
(4) Smoking is not allowed in the hotel, except in the smoking area on the 2nd floor. Please do not smoke except at given space.
(5) Please do not use equipment for heating or cooking in the room.
(6) Please do not act in any other ways that could cause a fire.
(7) Please do not use your guest room for the purposes except accommodation, such as for doing business or gatherings (exhibitions, parties, etc.)
(8) Please use all Hotel equipment or fixtures only at their provided spots and for the purposes designated for them. Please do not change the arrangement of the room.
(9) Please do not place any articles by the window that will blemish the appearance of the Hotel.
(10)Please refrain from inviting visitors to your guest room. Only registered Guests are allowed to stay in rooms.
(11) Please do not order meals and drinks to be delivered from outside the Hotel.
(12)Only people underage can not stay at the Hotel without the parents’ permission.
(1) Please pay your Accommodation charge at Front Desk when you arrive.
(2) Please settle the payment except accommodation charge at the Front Desk.
(3) The Hotel refuses to make payment on behalf of Guests for their purchase charges, ticket charges, taxi charges, postage stamp charges, and load postage charges, etc.
(4) The accommodation charge includes tax required by law. No gratuity accepted.
3. VALUABLES AND UNCLAIMED ARTICLES
(1) Lost articles in the Hotel will be kept for a certain period at the Hotel and will be handed over to the appropriate authorities in accordance with the Lost Goods Act.
(2) Article held at the Hotel cloak room or baggage storeroom will be kept from 12:00 of the day that they are deposited, to 12:00 after a period of 30 days. In the case that there is no contact from the recipients during that period, the Hotel will handle them as lost articles.
4. PLEASE DO NOT BRING INTO THE HOTEL ANYTHING LIKELY TO CAUSE ANNOYANCE TO OTHER GUESTS OF THE HOTEL, SUCH AS THESE LISTED BELOW ;
(1) Dogs, cats, birds and other animals or pets.
(2) Gunpowder, oils or other explosives or inflammables;
(3) Objects emitting a foul odor;
(4) Making huge noises in the Hotel: YOU ARE ALSO KINDLY REQUESTED TO REFRAIN FROM:
(5) Unregistered firearms, sword drugs or other articles the possession of which is prohibited by the law of Japan.
(6) Engaging in gambling or behaving in an indecorous manner or committing acts likely to cause annoyance to other Guests within the Hotel;
(7) Wearing outside your room the bathrobe and slippers which are provided for your use Only in the guest room;
(8) Distributing advertising or publicity materials or selling commodities within the Hotel.
(9) Taking photographs, films or video tapes for business purposes without the prior approval of the Hotel;
(10)For Non-Emergencies, do not enter facilities such as the Emergency stairway, rooftop, or the Fire Control Center.
5. Hotel property that is scratched or damaged by guests for any reason except inevitability will be their full responsibility and liability.